Some of our favourite cupcake flavours this summer have been the lighter, fruity flavours. There are some really awesome fruit flavour combinations out there, here are some of the ones we tried.
(left to right)
1. Lemon cupcake with raspberry buttercream, topped with raspberry sauce, a fresh raspberry and a candied lemon slice.
2. Orange cupcake with vanilla-orange buttercream topped with a candied orange slice (not pictured)
3. Vanilla cupcake with fresh strawberry buttercream, topped with a fresh strawberry.
4. Peach cupcake with vanilla-peach buttercream, topped with a caramelized peach slice.
So this is how it usually goes with us, I say ” I feel like ……..” . Then a day or two later I come home and whatever I felt like is being made or already in the fridge. (I’m spoiled, I know!). Thats exactly how the bean salad came to be…. I was trying to think of something to bring for lunch, and felt like bean salad. When I looked in the fridge a few days later…magically it was there. Alright, maybe it was a little less magic, and a lot more loving boyfriend who listens when I speak :). Either way, we had a yummy lunch/ side.
– 3 cans of mixed beans
– 2 celery stalks, chopped fine
– 1/2 red onion, chopped fine
– 1 cup fresh, finely chopped coriander
– 1/3 cup apple cider vinegar
– 1/3 cup granulated sugar
– 1/4 cup olive oil
– 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
– 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1. In a small bowl, whisk together the vinegar, sugar, olive oil, salt and pepper.
2. In a large bowl, mix together the beans, celery, onion and coriander. Add dressing and toss until everything is coated evenly.
3. Chill in the refrigerator for a few hours, then enjoy!