Oh boy have we been busy! Keith proposed at the end of October, and we have been pretty distracted ever since! The holidays can be hectic, throw in wedding planning, and well… we apologize. But we have been busy in the kitchen and have some delicious recipes to share! Like this chocolate lava cake! It is a good thing that this recipe only makes 2 servings or my waistline would be in trouble. Deliciously gooey chocolate inside a rich chocolate cake with a hint of orange….Yum!! It’s sure to satisfy any chocolate craving!
– 1/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate
– 3 tbsp butter
– 1 tbsp white sugar
– 1 tbsp brown sugar
– 1 tsp triple sec (other alcohol would work or you can leave out)
– 1 tbsp flour
– 1 egg
1. Preheat oven to 400F.
2. Prepare 2 ramekins by buttering them then coating in white sugar.
3. Put butter and chocolate over double boiler to melt chocolate. Once chocolate is melted, add the triple sec. (The triple sec will add a nice hint of orange). Set chocolate mixture aside to cool to room temperature.
4. Beat egg and sugars together, then mix into the chocolate mixture. Once fully combined, sift the flour into the chocolate mixture and gently fold in.
5. Pour mixture into ramekins and bake for 10-12 minutes until outside rim seems to be cooked and pulling away from the ramekin. Run a knife around the edge and invert onto a plate. Serve right away.