So this is how it usually goes with us, I say ” I feel like ……..” . Then a day or two later I come home and whatever I felt like is being made or already in the fridge. (I’m spoiled, I know!). Thats exactly how the bean salad came to be…. I was trying to think of something to bring for lunch, and felt like bean salad. When I looked in the fridge a few days later…magically it was there. Alright, maybe it was a little less magic, and a lot more loving boyfriend who listens when I speak :). Either way, we had a yummy lunch/ side.
– 3 cans of mixed beans
– 2 celery stalks, chopped fine
– 1/2 red onion, chopped fine
– 1 cup fresh, finely chopped coriander
– 1/3 cup apple cider vinegar
– 1/3 cup granulated sugar
– 1/4 cup olive oil
– 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
– 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1. In a small bowl, whisk together the vinegar, sugar, olive oil, salt and pepper.
2. In a large bowl, mix together the beans, celery, onion and coriander. Add dressing and toss until everything is coated evenly.
3. Chill in the refrigerator for a few hours, then enjoy!