Left over risotto? Looking for something different to make for dinner? Try arancini!! It’s easy to make, and you can make it your own by switching up the ingredients you put in the middle. Try mozzarella or your favourite veggies. Yum!
– Spicy Itialian Sausage
– Bread crumbs
*For this, we used a risotto that was made with chicken stock and mozzarella.
1. Divide each sausage into 4 parts and form balls out of all the quarters. 2. Once you have all the sausage rolled into balls, fry them in a little oil and set aside.
3. To form the rice balls, wet your hands to prevent the risotto from sticking. Take some risotto, about twice the size of the sausage ball, and flatten in your hand.
4. Place the sauage in the center of the risotto and then bring the risotto up around to cover the sausage. Gently roll in hands to make sure the rice is packed around the sausage tight and evenly.
5. Once all the balls are formed, set up the breading area by cracking some eggs in a bowl and having some bread crumbs next to it. (Amount will depend on the number of arancini you are making)
6. Season the breadcrumbs with salt and pepper. Dip the rice balls in the egg then roll in the breadcrums to evenly coat.
7. Fry the breaded rice balls until browned and crispy. Serve while hot with your favorite marinara sauce for dipping.