– 1 1/2 cups eggs whites at room temperature (around 12)
– 1 1/4 cup icing sugar
– 1 cup sugar
– 1 cup flour
– 1 1/2 tsp cream of tartar
– 1 1/2 tsp vanilla
– 1/4 tsp salt
- In large bowl sift icing sugar, flour and salt three times.
- Add cream of tartar and vanilla to the egg whites and beat to soft peaks. Slowly add the sugar while mixing and beat until stiff peaks form.
- Add the flour mixture a quarter at a time and fold it into the egg whites. Spoon the mix evenly into a angel cake pan (or tube/bunt pan)
- Bake at 350F for 40-45 minutes. The cake will spring back if touched when it is done. Once done baking, invert the cake in the pan over a cooling rack and let it cool to room temperature.